SAN JOSE, Calif. – December 19, 2011 – Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS) expands its high-performance analog mobile audio device portfolio with the introduction of the FAN3850x series of digital microphone pre-amplifiers, including the FAN3850A 16dB or 19dB gain and the FAN3850T with 15dB gain and added temperature compensation.
These devices integrate a pre-amplifier, Low Drop-Out Regulator (LDO) and Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) that converts Electret Condenser Microphone (ECM) outputs to digital pulse density modulation (PDM) data streams. This provides advanced noise rejection capabilities as well as an easy interface to mobile handset processors – resulting in better sound quality. For more information, and to order samples, visit:
Features and Benefits:
– FAN3850A features both 16dB and 19dB gain versions.
– FAN3850T offers 15dB gain and includes integrated negative temperature coefficient to compensate for ECM positive temperature coefficient to achieve a flat sensitivity response over temperature.
– Pre-amplifier accepts analog signals from the ECM and drives an over-sampled sigma delta ADC and outputs Pulse Density Modulation (PDM) data streams.
– Powered from the system supply rails, 1.64V to 3.63V, with lower power consumption of only 0.8mW and less than 20µW in power down mode.
– Excellent signal to noise ratio (SNR), lower distortion, and high power supply rejection even at high sound pressure levels (SPL).
– Suitable for use in mobile handset and notebook microphone applications.
Dedicated to delivering “Solutions for Your Success?,” Fairchild Semiconductor is a mobile technology leader offering a substantial portfolio of analog and power IP that can be customized to meet specific design requirements. By integrating leading circuit technologies into tiny, advanced packages, Fairchild provides mobile users significant advantages while reducing the size, cost and power of designs. Fairchild”s mobile IP can be found in a majority of handsets in use today.
For more information on Fairchild”s mobile solutions, visit the Fairchild website at: http://www.fairchildsemi.com/applications/diagrams/mobile.html
Fairchild Semiconductor: Solutions for Your Success?
Price: US in 1,000 quantity pieces
Availability: Samples available upon request.
Delivery: 8-12 weeks ARO
To contact Fairchild Semiconductor about this product, please go to: http://www.fairchildsemi.com/cf/sales_contacts/.
For information on other products, design tools and sales contacts, please visit: http://www.fairchildsemi.com.
Note to Editor: For a datasheet in PDF format, please go to:
About Fairchild Semiconductor:
Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS) – global presence, local support, smart ideas. Fairchild delivers energy-efficient, easy-to-use and value-added semiconductor solutions for power and mobile designs. We help our customers differentiate their products and solve difficult technical challenges with our expertise in power and signal path products. Please contact us on the web at http://www.fairchildsemi.com/.
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/FairchildSemi
View product and company videos, listen to podcasts and comment on our blog @ http://www.fairchildsemi.com/engineeringconnections
Visit us on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FairchildSemiconductor
Lucy Turpin Communications
Tel.: 089-41 77 61 13
Lucy Turpin Communications